When you first bought your Windows PC or smart devices, you were likely excited to connect to Bluetooth-capable devices and find the way How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10. Bluetooth is a wireless technology in today’s technological world that makes it easy to communicate wirelessly anywhere and anytime. With the growth of cutting-edge technology, all devices like mobile phones, computers, and laptops are equipped with Bluetooth support. Data sharing or wireless file transfer may be performed between two or more supported Bluetooth devices by pairing them. If you want to use Bluetooth for wireless audio, to transfer some files, or use your wireless mouse, keyboard, or other peripheral, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10.
How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
There are three methods you can use to turn on bluetooth on Windows 10
- Windows Settings
- Turn on Bluetooth from Action Center
- Use Swift Pair
Method 1: Windows settings
- The first step before you use your Bluetooth device is to set Bluetooth settings on Windows 10. To do this, go to the Settings application of Windows 10 by clicking on the Start button, then click on the Settings icon.
- Click Devices.
- Click Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- In the Bluetooth section of the Settings menu, select Bluetooth to the On position.
Note: If the Bluetooth toggle isn’t available on the Bluetooth & Other devices settings, your Windows computer probably doesn’t have the Bluetooth feature, or the related hardware isn’t recognized. you may see More Bluetooth options under the Related Settings on the right side of more Bluetooth settings.
- Once you’ve turned Bluetooth on, you can click Add Bluetooth or Other Device.
- Once you see the Add Device window, click Bluetooth, and Windows 10 will start searching for Bluetooth devices.
- Assuming that you have started pairing your Bluetooth device, you will see it appear in the list of available devices.
How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 action center
- The Action Center in Windows 10 allows you to access quick settings and actionable app notifications. You can find the Action Center icon on your taskbar at the bottom right of your display.
- When you click on it, you’ll see the Bluetooth button.
- You will know that Bluetooth is not enabled when the button is gray.
- If enabled, displays the blue color and it may say ‘not connected’ if you are not already connected to a Bluetooth device, or it will tell you that another device is currently connected.
- To add a Bluetooth device follow the first method.
How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 with swift pair
Swift Pair is a service in Windows 10 that allows you to pair supported Bluetooth devices with your PC, thereby reducing the steps needed to pair devices.
If the device has features with Swift Pair, you’ll get a notification whenever it’s within range or nearby to make it discoverable.
To use Swift Pair, Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & Other devices and click the Show notifications to connect using Swift Pair box.
Select Yes (if it’s your first time using Swift Pair) to get notifications and use the service. Click Connect when the “New Bluetooth device was found” notification appears. Once connected, click Close.
Enjoy Wireless Freedom bluetooth.
We hope you now know how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 and pair all your Bluetooth devices with your computer. Your paired Bluetooth device should automatically connect whenever it’s within range or turned on. Now You can send and receive files from a Bluetooth device to your PC, listen to podcasts, music, and other audio files, and much more.